The HID® U.ARE.U™ Camera Identification System, incorporating Paravision technology, enables best-in-class facial recognition for identification and verification use cases such as banking, retail, travel and transportation, healthcare, hospitality, time and attendance and physical access control.
Designed for seamless integration into a wide variety of touch points, from mobile devices to kiosks to eGates, the U.ARE.U Camera Identification System combines HID multispectral imaging (MSI) technology with modern AI and machine learning algorithms to deliver superior ‘in-the-wild’ recognition across widely changing light conditions, backgrounds, expressions and demographics. Using industry-leading passive liveness security and advanced presentation attack detection (PAD), the camera can easily verify that the person in front of the camera is real, preventing fraud attempts and mitigating risks.
The camera performs capture, matching, identification, verification and liveness detection at the edge. This on-device biometric processing feature reduces bandwidth constraints and improves performance. Also, data is encrypted and processed on the camera to ensure maximum security.
By combining multiple cameras in a single device, the HID U.ARE.U Camera Identification System provides the highest level of matching performance and accuracy for customers who require the best user experience.
On-device biometric processing
The HID U.ARE.U Camera Identification System brings Paravision’s facial recognition and matching to the edge, significantly reducing bandwidth constraints, boosting system performance, and maximizing data security.
Remarkable ‘In-the-Wild’ Recognition
Combining HID multispectral imaging (MSI) technology with Paravision’s AI and ML capabilities powers reliable matching performance in the most diverse circumstances, such as various lighting conditions, backgrounds, poses, clothing, and expressions, delivering exceptional performance anytime, anywhere.
The U.ARE.U Camera Identification System is designed to support a wide variety of deployment scenarios, such as USB/Ethernet, PC, mobile devices, kiosks or eGates. The system enables standalone deployment or integration as a part of a larger ecosystem.
- Secure edge-computing device with advanced neural processor and on-board database
- Integrated multispectral camera system with 3D structured depth projection
- Automatic face detection, image quality analysis and capture
- Presentation Attack Detection (PAD) conforming to ISO 30107-1 standard
- Face template extraction and matching against an on-board database
- Top ranking in NIST Face Recognition Technology Evaluations (FRTE)
- Optional HID® ArcID™ Biometric Server connectivity with matching, identification and database synchronization capabilities
The vision of Paravision’s leadership team proved to be aligned with HID’s strategy, and the two organizations were highly complementary. Very important to HID was also the ethical approach to AI and biometrics which is really in the DNA of Paravision. Building positive relationships in business is one of the most important foundations for success — and we achieved this working with Paravision.Vito Fabbrizio Managing Director, HID Extended Access Technologies
HID’s U.ARE.U Camera Identification System was integrated with a major healthcare provider’s patient engagement platform to deliver fast, secure patient onboarding and check-in. Some of the key benefits that have been realized by the customer are:
- Fast, secure, touchless, hygienic patient check-in
- Medical fraud prevention and investigation: Irrefutable proof of presence when it comes to patient identification and verified eligibility of care
- Data Protection: enabled by data encryption and processing on the camera to ensure maximum security
- Streamlined workflow and reduced human errors
- Extraordinary patient experience with better patient care and services
- Faster Time to Revenue: Facial recognition helps reduce administrative tasks, streamlines patient record management and eases insurance claim processes, contributing to faster time to payment collections