Brivo combines the best technology with the best service to deliver better security for companies big and small, resulting in safer, smarter places to live, work and play. The company’s newest access control solution, the Brivo Door Station – Built with Paravision – simplifies access control by using a person’s face as a credential, comparing it to an image from the camera, and detecting liveness of the user to allow entry, without the user having to present anything but their face to the camera.
- Over 20 years ago, Brivo created the category of cloud-based access control and smart spaces technology, and have since become a global leader serving commercial real estate, multifamily residential, and large distributed enterprises. Brivo’s building access platform is the digital foundation for the most extensive collection of customer facilities in the world, occupying over 450 million square feet across over 60 countries.
While biometric technology isn’t new to the access control industry, the experience of facial recognition as an access credential is fairly new and serves as an intuitive choice to improve the security of any area.
Brivo wanted to enable a truly frictionless way for users to move throughout secure spaces, and mimic the experience humans use to identify each other with their new solution.
Additionally, Brivo wanted to remove the need for a physical credential, such as a fob, mobile, keycard, and prevent entry restrictions due to lost tokens.
Brivo Door Station, Built with Paravision, combines door access control, video and AI into a single device that optimizes the controlled door experience and improves security by using facial authentication for entry, while capturing frontal video of every person accessing a space.
Brivo Door Station uses a person’s face as their credential and the simple user enrollment process uses employee badge photos for facial authentication, thus eliminating the need to carry a credential while providing true frictionless access.
The solution protects privacy by requiring users to opt in for consent to use their photo for the facial authentication credential, and consent can be revoked at any time.
By integrating Paravision’s advanced facial recognition technology, Brivo Door Station offers an intuitive and reliable access control solution that enhances security systems for businesses of all sizes. Brivo and Paravision’s partnership is built on a shared commitment to innovation and excellence, and we are excited to work together in building a better, safer future for our customers.Mary Clark Chief Marketing Officer, Brivo
- Facial authentication for 100% hands-free entry
- User opt-in to use facial authentication via email
- Brivo Snapshot and video recording of every access event
- Supports Brivo Unified Credential cards and fobs and Brivo Mobile Pass
- Easy to install and activate
- Simple user enrollment process uses employee badge photo for facial authentication
- No need to carry a credential for frictionless access
- Easy to install and activateIncreased security in a compact package